Alexandra is in Stockholm this weekend. Since she is still not 100% converted to Norwegianism (meaning that she doesnt love cross country skiing yet :) ) I thought I could use the opportunity to go skiing with my parents. We drove to Frognerseteren in Nordmarka, a little mountain overlooking Oslo. It was amazing; blue sky, sunny and lots of powder snow. Jef Mallet has said: "Writing well mean never having to say, 'I guess you had to be there.'" I still have to say; you had to be there! Well, I know that Im not a great writer, but I dont think any writer would be able to describe todays experience.
(Almost)Nothing can compare to the greatness of nature experiences like that. It was funny to see how different people were behaving because of it. Everyone were smiling, greeting people they have never met before(normally unheard of in Norway), and so tolerating when others made mistakes in the tracks. We took a trip that is 25 km long and had lunch at a cottage halfway(Ullevaalsaeter). Even though it is quite straining to go cross country skiing, it felt really good to be out in fresh air for a whole day. My batteries are now recharged:)
I had to call Alexandra and tell her how amazing it is to go cross country skiing. Im confident that she is really excited to join next time, right Alexandra? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment